Thursday, November 15, 2007

San Francisco Bay Oil Spill

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I'm seriously down to less than an hour's internet time a day ... I have to use the public library.

I wish I had more time to do research, because let me tell you this, the oil spill here in San Francisco Bay is too strange *not* to investigate. I was living in Fairbanks, Alaska when the Exxon Valdez oil spill happened. I remember it well -- it was a Bonanza for us college students looking for quick cash -- people were scrambling from everywhere to get the oil spill cleaned up, and the work paid *very well*. Here they are actually (almost "Katrina like" ....!) turning away volunteers, actually arresting people who come to help. [ http://www.firedoglake.com/2007/11/11/thanks-but-no-thanks/ ]

How did this oil spill happen? What is going on with the weird non-response by the Coast Guard? Isn't it creepy that crab season is being opened as scheduled and the actual fishermen are stunned in disbelief? http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iAFBygtO5mNUnjSgieRSJbAFAO6AD8SU2JD80

Like I said, I have no time to actually investigate this stuff, but it begs to be investigated. Having followed the Exxon Valdez spill response, I can tell you this ... there's something very creepy going on.

No comments: