Saturday, October 15, 2011

Occupy the World!

As I'm sure you're well aware, the "Occupy" movement is spreading all over the world. I just got back from the initial rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana where a whopping 300 people showed up! I haven't seen that many people protest here since just before the Iraq War. Here's an article about it (yes, I'm the tubby lady holding the "Don't Feed the Banks" sign). As you can see by the pictures, this wasn't made up of a bunch of hippy college kids. This was a genuine cross section of the population of Fort Wayne. As we marched down one of the main thoroughfares, we were met with a great deal of support from passing cars. The best chant I heard today was, "No left, no right, together we're united!"


I actually know some people who live in Bethel, Alaska!

1 comment:

Buskruid said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnCDllE_NWM