Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year! Resolutions, Anyone?

I try to make a new resolution every year. Last years' worked out pretty well, despite it being fairly ill-defined (lose weight). I don't own a scale but my clothes fit a lot better. This year I want to "get fit." I know I should define my goals a little better but it makes it a lot easier for me to abide by them. For those who are in reasonably good shape may I suggest a couple resolutions that I have been successful at that I'm really glad I made? (This is where I get to be proudly self-righteous ... one of the advantages of keeping my own blog ...)

1) Pull your money out of big banks.
2) Eat a more plant-based diet. One baby step would be Meatless Mondays, but it's not that hard to give up meat altogether. I did try going vegan a few years back, I haven't been completely successful, but I'll get there eventually. The trick is not to beat yourself up if you make a few exceptions here or there, at least it is for me. That, and learn how to jazz up your food with herbs and spices. They just need to make a vegan cheese that doesn't cost ten bucks a pack and taste like plastic. Actually, nutritional yeast isn't bad, if I ever get down to the health food store.

Sorry I haven't been blogging as much as I usually do, I guess I'm just exercising another prerogative of mine. When everything turns into lies and distractions instead of reacting I can always concentrate on something altogether more positive. So that's what I'm doing. I suspect if we all did this as a species the evil ones would just dry up and go away. Until then, well, I'll try to look on the bright side.

No comments: